Sunday, December 18, 2011

Day... oh well, I don't know anymore

So,  I have been super tired each night when we return from our activities. But look people! Here I am recounting all the fabulous things that have happened again!  Friday is the day in this part of the country when Christians go to church and Muslims go to the Mosque to hear the Friday preaching.  So, we traveled downtown and went to church.  It was so wonderful to be gathered with so many people that I have heard Hannah talk about.  And we all got to sing praises to Jesus together!! Josh White did some fantastic preaching on “we preach Christ crucified” (1 Corinthians 1:23).  If there is a way to get that sermon, I am going to be grabbing it for sure! I was encouraged by his bold statements.  This is after church with some new friends
 We were introduced to maybe 100 people before we left to eat a big lunch at the Park’s house.  We had delightful conversation about college and it’s benefits and effect on us personally and other people that we know.  After lunch, we went to a church picnic at Creek Park.  Now this I find interesting.. the creek is actually a really BIG inlet of water.  But anywho, that is what we did.  It was fun to chat with the people that we had met and got to play games with
 
before the picnic



listening to Josh!l
 Then, in honor of Josh’s last night in Dubai, we went to a real Dubai treasure.  It’s a restaurant called Bu Qtair.  Literally might be the only sketchy place in all of Dubai.  It’s where a lot of locals go and eat spicy seafood.  The place is hilarious, you eat on plastic tables that are like my playschool bench.  And its pretty dark, so you can hardly see anything that you are eating.  All I know is that they brought us a whole fish and we just grabbed some and dipped it in our curry and put it in our mouths.  Then once we finished we played with the fish and I could have barfed how gross it was
 
outside Bu Qtair (Anthony Bourdaine was here on his show!!)l

Joanne and Brian ordering for us across the sea of dead fish
 Later that night we went back to the parks house and played games with some of our friends and the fam.  I have had so much fun just getting to be with all of these people.  I hope that there is some time that they get to come to Tennessee!!l

Saturday! ::: SO GREAT

Maybe my favorite day so far.  We started the day with a ride out to the desert so that we could go dunning!  Eeek!  We had so much fun flying around and listening to really loud music!! The experience was so wonderful! We climbed up a dune and ate our lunch on one of the cliffs, then we got to pray together as we looked out across the huge desert.  It really built my faith as we directed our gaze toward God and asked boldly for him to do big things!  I wish for everyone to get to do this! Both cars got stuck at one point, but only because of our great strength were we able to push the car out! (well maybe some help from ropes and other cars)l
Duneing

Kim tamed the camels 
duneing on the outside
 We hit up a little petrol station on the way out and headed home with ice cream in hand.  Once we got home some of us headed to the beach to watch the sun set with our blankets and books.  There was some prime people watching there!l
After dinner we headed with Mark Donald to the Global Village.  I thought this was just going to be shops and such from all around the world, and yes there was some of that, but this place is fantastic! It’s like an open air shopping palace with carnival rides and entertaining dances from all over the world.  I had a blast shopping and chatting with people from all different places.  I bought more Christmas presents J
Global Village
Anyway, I think there is more to tell, but I hope this is satisfying enough, my fingers are a little tired!l

No comments:

Post a Comment