Tuesday, December 20, 2011

The Final Days

I write this evening filled with many different emotions.  I am sad to leave Dubai.  This is a wonderful place where God is doing big and good things!  I have learned a lot by being among the believers in Christ here, about genuine faith and the boldness to share it with others around me.  I will leave with a fresh thankfulness for the opportunities that I have in America, and continue to seek the Lord as I think about where He will take me next.  I wish that we had more time here, but I am so thankful for all the crazy adventures that we have gotten the privilege to have here, and all the amazing people that we have shared time with
However much we wish to stay and keep doing life here, I am thrilled to come back to my home and spend Christmas with my dear family and friends.  I have missed everyone very much while we have been gone, but don't worry kids! We'll be back SO soon!! ...maybe we'll come with gifts
I feel like I should share one thing that has been on my heart since we have been in Dubai. :: God is so much bigger than our momentary lives, situations, moments, fears, doubts, trials, and successes. :: He created us with a word, and still to this moment sustains our lives.  And more than that, even after we rebelled against Him, He made a way for us to know Him and be reconciled to Him through the death of Jesus for our sins, and His Resurrection for our justification (Romans 4:25).  He still interceeds in our lives with the power of His Spirit and loves us with the eagerness and compassion of a Father.  I have been so challenged to live my life in a display of this gospel.  Where that takes me next, who knows?  But I know that wherever I am, I will praise His great name and share in this knowledge with others.  

To be real, I can't remember everything that we have done in the past couple of days that I haven't written, but it included going to the top of the Burj Khalifa, taking a boat through the creek in Old Dubai, shopping in the Sukhs, studying the Bible, hanging out with Mark Donald, going to Dibba Oman, taking a boat ride to swim with the piranhas and just being us.  And it was beautiful

Here are a couple of shots over the past few days

precious Parks princesses

in front of the aquarium in the Mall of Dubai

Being at the top of the tallest building in the world just makes some of the biggest things seem so small

these gypsies put their heads out of the building!!!l

our abra ride in the creek

welcome to Oman!l

holla at some Dramamine 

Omani sunset

the fisherman gathering their fish after a hard days work

No comments:

Post a Comment