Monday, December 12, 2011

Dia Uno

Today has been so crazy wonderful! After getting breakfast this morning, we went out to the beach and I got schooled on the Arabian/Persian Gulf.  So, I put my toes in "The Gulf " and just had a wonderful time chatting with my friends and the Parks fam

people, I finally met the famous, the only, THE Mac Styles
It was quite a milestone in my life. I have been hearing about him, ever since me and Hannah started this whole friends thing

Joanne took us around town.  First we saw the palm tree islands! These things are amazing! It is just so crazy that they were made so recently.  To get to the end of it where the Atlantis is, you have to drive through a tunnel that goes UNDERWATER. If you aren't freakin out, you're crazy.
Next we saw the famous Burj al Arab.  It is very famous, in fact, I first saw it on the cover of the Owl City Album cover and later learned that it was the world's only 7 star hotel.
 That's right 7.

I mean you can see why right?? (I clearly took this picture)l
We got to see the church that the girls grew up going to, and started the church that they go to now!  It is called The United Christian Church of Dubai.  I suggest you Google it.  Great things are happening there.  We talked with the pastor there, John.  He is an American from North Carolina, and he spent a lot of time talking with us about Jesus, the church, Dubai and why it's so great to live here.l
After visiting for a while, we went to the suuuuper swank Mall of the Emirates (imagine me saying that in my high class accent). And saw the indoor ski slop!  Now, my intention is not to burst anyone's bubble, but merely to state my observation.  When I say ski slope, I mean slope. Singular.  I guess I was expecting a mountain inside of there! But I will say that it was really cute, but I don't think we will be needing to go down it.l
After a funny scurry through the mall, weighing the pros and cons of taking the metro, and chatting over hummus, we got in the car with Corsaire, a Redeemer intern, and headed down the busy streets to the Parks home, where a church Bible Study was going on.  We got to participate in a really encouraging discussion on 1 Corinthians 1:10-31.  I can give you a great lesson on it when I return.  Don't worry, I took notes.l

I have to say that the thing I have enjoyed most are the people that we have met and get to spend the rest of the week with! We got to spend some time with the GDSKC interns: Victoria, Nader and Andrei today

Oh, AND they have Versa's here :) yay! Except they decided to name them Tiida?? I don't really know what's up with that either

Now that it is 11, I am thrilled to announce that I made it through the jetlag with no hesitation to jump in bed!l

No comments:

Post a Comment